Friday, December 17, 2010

Mastering Marshmallows

After having so much fun with Flounce, I thought it was time I tried Marshmallows.  For those of you unfamiliar, this is one of those “Pom-Pom” yarns, only this one has Pom Poms that are oblong – like Marshmallows!  Hence the name!    In between each marshmallow is a strand of yarn about 2 inches long.  It’s this strand that you knit with, skipping each pom pom, and only using the strand.  Talk about instant gratification!   In less than an hour,  you have a super soft, squishy Marshmallow scarf!  So easy and fun – it’s only 4 stitches across!  Or you could make it wider for a super plush wrap.
I’m sorry to say that this one is probably just for knitters.  Beth and I have tried every which way to next Sunday to crochet with this yarn, and we have found that the length of the smooth strand in between the pom poms just isn’t long enough to form a crochet stitch.  I won’t actually say you can’t crochet with it,  but the results are not pleasing – it’s just solid marshmallows.  I even tried Tunisian crochet, and the results were the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment