Saturday, December 4, 2010

Flirting with Flounce

In case you haven’t heard, anything with ruffles is THE hottest trend right now, and last weekend we all learned how to knit and crochet with Flounce.   Oh boy, what fun!  It ruffles automatically - how cool is that?!   This fun yarn is actually a mesh that you open up and poke your hook or needle right through it instead of “yarning over” with the whole strand.  Do not be intimidated, it’s easier than it looks!  Trust me, if my 76 year old mother can do it (you know, Old Dog/New Trick!), you can too!
My mind is racing with all the possibilities!  While a ruffled scarf is the obvious choice for this yarn, there are so many other things you can do with it, and I can’t wait to try it as trim around the  neckline and cuffs of a sweater.   Other trim ideas are:  around a pillow, blanket, mitten cuffs, around the top of a felted bag.  It also makes a really cute barrette, brooch or hair scrunchie!
My supply of Flounce is literally flying of the shelf, and I am getting inquiries from all over the country!  Hurry and get yours before it's gone.


No comments:

Post a Comment